Monday, March 26, 2007

How to Control Diabetes Through Diet: ...Eat your way to lower blood sugars

When my husband was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes in 2002 his doctors put him on one medication after another. His diet didn't seem to do anything to his blood sugar levels. Daily he would start off with his blood sugar sky high. Within a few short months my husband was taking a large amount of insulin . A formula was given to him to figure out the amount of fast acting insulin he was to take for the carbohydrates he consumed.

In 2003 when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes we realized his method wasn't going to work for my situation. We needed to find out how to control my blood sugar levels quickly to reduce the possible effect my diabetes would have on our unborn child. After searching through every pamphlet, book, and web site we could find we discovered not only could my blood sugar levels be controlled by diet but his could also. READ MORE....

No comments: